Positive psychology is the scientific study of the strengths and virtues that enables individuals to thrive. The theory of positive psychology seeks to discover and nurture the innate talents that each individual possesses. The focus is on wellness and the aim is to help people create meaningful changes in life.
Examples of commonly used positive psychology activities offered to my clients:
- Challenging the inner critic, false beliefs and negative thinking
- Cultivating optimism and practicing positive thinking
- Exploring core values (what is most important to you)
- Identifying character strengths, skills and interests
- Creating opportunities for personal growth and self management
- Self Care: taking care of the body, mind and spirit